Who we are
Learn about what we do and what we offer
2016 performance at a glance
See a summary of our results in 2016 and take a look at our financial and operating highlights
2016 results and 2017 targets
See how we did against last year's targets and the goals we have set for 2017 as we continue executing our national growth strategy
We've made our annual report future friendly. Get the full report or just the sections you need
TELUS in 2016
Advancing our strategy through key initiatives
- Launched Lite basic TV plans on Optik TV and Satellite TV services, offering even greater choice and flexibility to customers looking for smaller basic channel service plans
- Introduced Skype for Business, powered by TELUS, a full suite of communications and collaboration tools that offers new ways for employees to connect with colleagues and customers and helps Canadian businesses to better support a mobile workforce
- Partnered with Alithya, an information technology and consulting service provider, to expand our IT and communication services offering and better address growing customer demands for managed infrastructure solutions.
- Extended our dividend growth program, first announced in May 2011, from 2017 through 2019, targeting annual dividend increases in the range of seven to 10 per cent
- Opened the door for further expansion of TELUS International’s operations by welcoming Baring Private Equity Asia as an equity partner with a 35 per cent non-controlling interest in TELUS International
- Reached an agreement with BCE Inc. that will expand TELUS’ wireless customer base and dealer locations in Manitoba once the purchase of Manitoba Telecom Services by BCE concludes on or about April 1, 2017
- Held our 11th annual TELUS Days of Giving® with 28,000 team members, retirees, family and friends making a sustainable impact across Canada and around the world by participating in more than 1,500 volunteer activities
- Surpassed the one-million mark for Canadians participating in TELUS WISE ®, our wise Internet and smartphone education program that offers innovative training and resources to Canadians about safe and responsible Internet use.
- Completed our 2016 share purchase program, purchasing and cancelling 9.7 million shares for $379 million
- Issued U.S.$600 million of senior unsecured notes with a 10-year maturity at 2.80 per cent, marking our first U.S.-dollar long-term debt offering since 2001
- Introduced our advanced 150 Mbps Internet plan, which uniquely offers symmetrical upload and download speeds of up to 150 Mbps, to consumer and business customers on the TELUS PureFibreTM fibre-optic network
- Launched the first 4K TV service in Western Canada, offering customers ultra-high-definition television with a resolution that is four times higher than HD
- Acquired the Canadian business operations of Nightingale Informatix Corp., including its electronic medical records software, which is provided to nearly 5,000 physicians in Canada.
- Reached new multi-year collective agreements with our three principal unions – the Telecommunications Workers Union (TWU), United Steelworkers Local 1944, the Syndicat des agents de maîtrise de TELUS (SAMT) and the Syndicat québécois des employés de TELUS (SQET) – that represent approximately 11,000 of our team members across Canada
- Received the fewest customer complaints of any national carrier by a substantial margin in the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services’ annual report
- Exceeded the one-million mark for TELUS PureFibre coverage, with more than one million customer premises ready to connect to our fibre-optic network across B.C., Alberta and Quebec
- Launched our Internet for Good program in B.C. and Alberta, offering low-cost Internet service, affordable computers and access to digital literacy programs to low-income, single-parent families.