Darren Entwistle, President and CEO, describes how we are putting our customers first and delivering on our proven growth strategy to continue creating value for our shareholders.
John Gossling, Executive Vice-President and CFO, discusses how we delivered solid financial performance in 2013, further advanced our national growth strategy and continued to elevate our clients' experiences.
Check out our highlights for each quarter of the year
- Completed our exchange of non-voting shares for common shares on a onefor- one basis to create a single share class, providing enhanced marketability and liquidity of TELUS shares
- Introduced Canada’s first network experience app, enabling customers to help us address coverage opportunities
- Acquired PS Suite EMR, making TELUS Health the largest electronic medical records provider in Canada
- Koodo® ranked as the top standalone wireless provider in Canada and TELUS ranked as the number one national full-service wireless carrier in the J.D. Power and Associates Wireless Total Ownership Experience Study
- Raised $1.7 billion of senior unsecured notes in two series, an 11-year maturity at 3.35% and a 30-year maturity at 4.40%, and repaid $1 billion of other notes
- Completed a two-for-one stock split of TELUS common shares
- Introduced TELUS SharePlus plans, offering wireless customers unlimited nationwide talk and text and data sharing
- Opened a new intelligent Internet data centre in Kamloops, B.C. to support growth opportunities in managed IT services for wireline and wireless clients
- Launched a new wireless digital box for Optik TV subscribers, enabling customers to move their TV anywhere in the home, and organized channels into categories to make it easier to find content
- Reflecting our focus on customers, the number of customer complaints directed at TELUS dropped by 27% as reported by the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services, while complaints for the industry as a whole increased by 26%
- Launched TELUS Link, our next-generation push-to-talk service over 4G networks and Wi-Fi, providing instant voice communication with individuals or teams
- Acquired Public Mobile and welcomed its customers in Ontario and Quebec to TELUS