Build your own
Customize your TELUS annual report and print only what you need or download
the entire report
to have at your
Who we are
TELUS is a leading national telecommunications company in Canada, with $9.7 billion of annual revenue and 11.6 million customer connections including 6.1 million wireless subscribers, 4.2 million wireline network access lines and 1.2 million Internet subscribers. As a result of our national growth strategy, in 2008, revenue grew by 6.4 per cent and total connections increased by 448,000. TELUS provides a wide range of communications products and services including data, IP, voice, entertainment and video.
We give where we live
In support of our philosophy to give where we live, TELUS, our team members and retirees have contributed more than $135 million to charitable and not-for-profit organizations and volunteered more than 2.6 million hours of service to local communities since 2000. Nine TELUS Community Boards from Victoria to Atlantic Canada lead our local philanthropic initiatives.
- We embrace change and initiate opportunity
- We have a passion for growth
- We believe in spirited teamwork
- We have the courage to innovate
Building on the strength of our strategy
TELUS’ strategy and the six strategic imperatives that guide our performance have been in place since 2000. Our strategic intent is to unleash the power of the Internet to deliver the best solutions to Canadians at home, in the workplace and on the move.
- Focusing relentlessly on growth markets of data, Internet protocol (IP) and wireless
- Partnering, acquiring and divesting to accelerate the implementation of our strategy and focus our resources on core business
- Building national capabilities across data, IP, voice and wireless
- Providing integrated solutions that differentiate TELUS from our competitor
- IInvesting in internal capabilities to build a high-performance culture and efficient operation
- Going to market as one team, under a common brand, executing a single strategy
2009 corporate priorities
Every year since 2000, we have established corporate priorities to advance our national growth strategy and guide us in fulfilling our strategic imperatives. For 2009, our corporate priorities are to:
- Execute on TELUS’ broadband strategy, leveraging our investments in leading wireline and wireless networks to deliver winning solutions for our customers
- Increase the efficiency of our operations to improve TELUS’ cost structure and economic performance
- Outpace the competition and earn the patronage of clients through an engaged TELUS team.