Watch Optik anywhere in the house with the new wireless digital box
Calgary, AB – TELUS is launching a new wireless digital box for Optik TV subscribers, giving customers the freedom to move their TV anywhere in the home – or yard - without the need to plug it into a TV outlet. This means Optik customers can rearrange the room without tripping over cords, move the TV to the kitchen to follow along with their favorite cooking show or set up the TV in their backyard to barbeque without missing a moment of the big game.
“The wireless digital box is the latest addition to Optik’s growing suite of innovative features that give customers un-surpassed control and flexibility,” said David Fuller, TELUS Chief Marketing Officer. “Our customers have told us that they want to have more freedom to take their TV watching to new places. Whether it’s a different corner of the room or taking family movie night to the backyard, Optik customers now have the choice without having to run new wires.”
The Optik wireless digital box works the same way as the wired Optik digital box, but instead receives the TV signal over the air from a wireless access point up to 60 metres (200 ft) away, eliminating the need for a physical connection between the digital box and the TV outlet. A corded power supply and connection between the TV and digital box are required. The wireless access point can be purchased from TELUS for $100 and can support up to 4 wireless digital boxes. TELUS offers the wireless digital box for rental or purchase at the same price as the wired Optik digital box or free with a term agreement.
To learn more about the Optik wireless digital box, please visit www.telus.com/optik
About Optik TV
TELUS is committed to offering customers great value and choice. Optik TV offers more than 630 channels, including more than 170 in HD.
TELUS customers also enjoy:
• Optik on the go, giving you access to more than 2,000 on demand shows and movies on your smartphone, tablet and laptop, at home and on the move
• Optik Smart Remote, enabling you to use your smartphone or tablet to manage PVR recordings as well as browse your channel guide and change channels with a tap.
• Listening to Galaxie music and radio stations
• Watching renowned TED Talks presentations directly on your TV
• The Weather Network i.TV app helps you keep up with the latest weather conditions
• TumbleBooks TV, allowing you to enjoy interactive storytelling with your children
• Multi-View, where you can watch up to four shows at the same time
• Manage my channels, where you can instantly change your TV programming package right from your TV, adding or removing channels and theme packs
• On-screen call display
• PVR Anywhere – share a single PVR between all TVs in the home
TELUS (TSX: T, NYSE: TU) is a leading national telecommunications company in Canada, with $11.2 billion of annual revenue and 13.2 million customer connections, including 7.7 million wireless subscribers, 3.3 million wireline network access lines, 1.4 million Internet subscribers and 743,000 TELUS TV customers. Led since 2000 by President and CEO, Darren Entwistle, TELUS provides a wide range of communications products and services, including wireless, data, Internet protocol (IP), voice, television, entertainment and video.
In support of our philosophy to give where we live, TELUS, our team members and retirees have contributed more than $300 million to charitable and not-for-profit organizations and volunteered 4.8 million hours of service to local communities since 2000. Fourteen TELUS Community Boards lead TELUS’ local philanthropic initiatives. TELUS was honoured to be named the most outstanding philanthropic corporation globally for 2010 by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, becoming the first Canadian company to receive this prestigious international recognition.
For more information about TELUS, please visit telus.com.
For media inquiries, please contact:
British Columbia Alberta