TELUS Day of Giving®
On the last Saturday of each May, TELUS Day of Giving brings together team members, retirees, family and friends nationwide to make a powerful positive impact on our local communities in Canada given our collective volunteer efforts. From coast to coast, volunteers gather to lend a hand, from serving food at a local shelter to landscaping for care homes to freshening facilities for animal shelters.
In 2014, TELUS Day of Giving took place on May 31, bringing together more than 15,000 volunteers at over 1,000 activities across Canada. Here’s a snap shot of the impact we made:
- 116 charities refurbished
- 2,702 bags of waste collected from river valleys, parks, and fields
- 17,043 meals prepared or served to the homeless and those in need
- 235,267 pounds of food sorted at food banks
- 8,680 trees and plants planted in parks and gardens
- 10,500 Kits for Kids assembled to provide school supplies to students in inner city schools
- 2,407 Comfort Kids assembled for the homeless
- 188,600 breast cancer ribbons tied for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
- 8,056 charity calls made and answered at telethons
- 187 cans of paint used to enliven and refresh local community organizations
- 79,500 books sorted for local book drives
Since its inception in 2006, TELUS Day of Giving has mobilized more than 94,000 Canadian team members, retirees, family and friends to volunteer at over 2,150 activities benefiting the communities where we live, work and serve. That adds up to more than 283,000 hours of painting, gardening, planting trees, landscaping, cooking, serving lunch, sorting cans of food and sewing, just to name a few activities! The tenth annual TELUS Day of Giving will take place on Saturday, May 30, 2015.
TELUS International Day of Giving
We are equally committed to strengthening the local communities both at home and abroad through spirited volunteerism.