TELUS Day of Giving®
On the last Saturday of each May, TELUS Day of Giving brings together team members, retirees, family and friends nationwide to make a powerful positive impact on our local communities in Canada given our collective volunteer efforts. From coast to coast, volunteers gather to lend a hand, from serving food at a local shelter to landscaping for care homes to freshening facilities for animal shelters.
In 2013, TELUS Day of Giving took place on May 25, bringing together more than 14,000 volunteers at over 500 activities across Canada. Here’s a snap shot of the impact we made:
- 5,309 bags of waste collected from river valleys, parks, and fields
- 31,891 meals prepared or served to the homeless and those in need
- 213,945 pounds of food sorted at food banks
- 9,171 trees and plants planted in parks and gardens
- 10,500 Kits for Kids assembled to provide school supplies to students in inner city schools
- 1,625 Comfort Kids assembled for the homeless
- 230,463 breast cancer ribbons tied for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
Since its inception in 2006, TELUS Day of Giving has mobilized more than 79,000 Canadian team members, retirees, family and friends to volunteer at over 2,150 activities benefiting the communities where we live, work and serve. That adds up to more than 238,000 hours of painting, gardening, planting trees, landscaping, cooking, serving lunch, sorting cans of food and sewing, just to name a few activities! The ninth annual TELUS Day of Giving will take place on Saturday, May 31, 2014.
TELUS International Day of Giving
We are equally committed to strengthening the local communities both at home and abroad through spirited volunteerism.